Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Reflections...

So I've been going through a phrase. A long one. That I wish I could move on from but just haven't been able to let go of some stuff. It's been really hard at times.


I came into work today, checked my email and this was in my inbox:


The subject line read:

Reflections of a Monday Morning

And the body read:

Well it's another Monday morning, the beginning of a brand new week, a brand new start to something amazing. What will this week bring? Hardship, joy, changes? What can we do to make the world a little better this week? How can we change ourselves for the better? What can we give up that is holding us back or impending our progression in life? What are we not letting go of?

Let us take this week and dedicate it to changing ourselves for the better. Let us overcome those things holding us back or slowing us down. Let us focus on the little things that make us happy and let go of the things that don't. Let us help those around us to make their lives better too.

Life is full of choices. Some big some small. How do we let these choices affect our happiness. Can we let go of the reins a little and just sit back and see where life takes us?

No one ever said it was supposed to be easy but it will be worth it.


This email was from my Husband. This is all it said. I thought he had copied and pasted it from somewhere but in fact (to my disbelief) he wrote it. I knew he was a good writer (I have to admit that he wrote a few of my college essays for me) but didn't know he was this good.


I have a very patient, loving, and smart eternal companion, whom I don't ever give enough credit. He's my cheerleader and therapist.



Keep this in mind this week. What can you do to make your life just a little better? What can you do to help other's enjoy their journey through life?




Cathy

2 comments:

  1. First off, great song choice. I too am going through a rough time and this was a major pick up. What a great husband you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find 3 things to be grateful about and tell your spouse what it is before you close your eyes at night. You can't be grateful and down at the same time.
    Sounds like you both have a wonderful world ahead of you......Keep the Aloha

    ReplyDelete